Need help? See our frequentily askedqustions section
Dispute & Report Resolution Policy
This Policy sets out the dispute process to be followed when a Buyer and Seller who have used the Globashare Payment system elect to use to the Dispute Resolution process to resolve a dispute between them.
Before you submit a Dispute or a Report
Before claiming submitting a Dispute or a Report please make sure you have:
Read the documentation on your “Agreement” on the share page where you made a purchase.
Check the item's or seller’s comments, as you may find a solution to your issue .
We encourage our users to communicate and resolve disputes using the Contact button on the items Share page or the message boxes found in the Job Work Space of freelance jobs or Service share Pages
Ensure the item is being used for its intended function and is compatible with your intended application.
Globashare does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer's balance as credit and are available for withdrawal to your preferred withdrawal method or to for future purchases on Globashare. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.
Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any service fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the service fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.
Buyers & Employers
Once a dispute is opened, a buyer or employer is given 7 days to respond to it. Otherwise, they will automatically lose the dispute and the pending payment will be transferred to the sellers account.
Sellers & Freelancers
Once a dispute is opened, a freelancer is given 4 days to respond to it. Otherwise, they will automatically lose the dispute and the pending payment will be returned to the buyer’s or employer's account
Dispute Resolution Process
For Freelance Jobs and Service Share Pages
“For Disputing items sold on share pages with the exception of Service share pages see below to learn about Report Resolution Process
STAGE 1 - Identifying the issue and self-resolving disputes
- The complainant should select the Dispute button on the Job Work Space that is being disputed. After which, a description of the issue and an explanation of why the dispute is being opened should be given.
- Once you have submitted your explanation, the Globashare Dispute Resolution team will contact you to verify your dispute submission.
- Once your dispute has been verified – you will be request to enter “Self-Resolution” – a webpage that allows the “buyer” and Seller” to self-resolve their issues. Here users are encouraged to messaging each other - attaching any files that could support their claims.
- During negotiations either party can negotiate for partial or full compensation
- Only the party who originally filed for the dispute can cancel the dispute.
- To conclude a dispute in “Self-Resolution” both parties must either:
- Accept to pay the initial amount requested by the freelancer / Seller
- Offer to pay a different amount
- Canceling the dispute
- Proceed to Globashare Arbitration – button appears after 10 days
STAGE 2 - Arbitration
If the issue cannot be self-resolved through “Self-Resolution”, after 10 days either party can choose to pay an Arbitration Fee to have the dispute arbitrated by the Dispute Team. The Arbitration Fee will be refunded if the dispute is either settled through mutual agreement or cancelled before reaching arbitration.
- Fees - The fee for a dispute is $150.00 USD.
- After one of the involved parties has paid the Arbitration Fee, the other party has 4 days to also pay the fee.
- Either party still has the option in this period to negotiate with the other party
- In the event that one of the parties of the Dispute has paid the Arbitration Fee, the other party will be given 4 days to pay the Arbitration Fee to move into Arbitration, and failure to do such will close the dispute by default, in favor of the party who initiated stage 2, with the arbitration fee initially paid refunded.
- If a solution is found before the responding party pays the fee, the party who paid the Arbitration Fee will be refunded this fee.
- Arbitration fees are returned to the winning arbitration party
- Stage 1 - is the last stage where both Users can submit their final evidence to support their case. After Stage 1, the involved parties are no longer allowed to submit evidence. The dispute will be resolved based upon the evidence provided through the Dispute System, or that is otherwise available to the Globashare Dispute Team, such as the project description and correspondence between the parties. Once the dispute has proceeded to Stage 2 Arbitration, further evidence will no longer be accepted.
- The Dispute Team will review all evidence and other information provided to reach a decision (usually within 48 hours). Dispute verdicts are final, binding, and irreversible.
- The party who wins the dispute will be refunded their Arbitration Fee.
- Evidential Requirements for Your Dispute
- Should you elect to have the Dispute Team arbitrate your dispute, you agree to allow the Dispute Team to read all correspondence made on the Site and download or access, and test (if necessary), all uploaded files, programs, and websites related to the dispute for the sole purpose of having your dispute resolved
- You are highly encouraged to submit all the documents that would support your claims on your dispute.
- Submit e-mail correspondences as screenshots or as *.eml files. If submitting screenshots, ensure that the "To", "From", and the "Date" bar is visible. E-mail correspondences sent in *.txt or *.doc or any word processing software will not be honored
- For proof of external correspondence, users should provide screenshots of their entire unedited conversation.
- IM (instant messenger) conversations should be submitted as screenshots of the conversation from the IM software. Correspondences sent in *.txt, *.doc, or any word processing software will not be honored.
- Provide the products, contracts, and other files relating to the project and the dispute.
- Globashare will retain the confidentiality of the project and the privacy of the involved users and will not release the collected information to any party unless required by law.
Report Resolution Process
For Marketplace Share Pages – Including Products, Subscriptions and Presales
After a user has submitted a report, Globashare Dispute team will contact both the Buyer and Seller to investigate the claim. Users will be encouraged to resolve and correct the problem.
Refunds from Marketplace Sellers
For creators and owners of the items for sale on Globashare, each Share Page Owner / Freelancer is responsible for their items. These rules are based on consumer laws that we think are the best “baseline” to apply to transactions that happen on Globashare, so that buyers have a consistent experience and know what to expect from all sellers.
Please note that in addition to these rules, each country
has its own laws surrounding refunds, and these local laws are not excluded if they apply to you.
Here are the situations in which we expect refund to be approved on an items and related services you have purchased.
Globashare Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
Item is "not as described" - An item is "not as described" if it is materially different from the item description or preview so you should expect the author to "tell it like it is" when it comes to the features and functionality of items. If it turns out the item is "not as described" you will be entitled to a refund.
Item doesn't work the way it should - If an item doesn't work the way it should and can't easily be fixed you are entitled to a refund of the item. This includes situations where the item has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if you'd known about the problem in the first place. If the item can be fixed, then the author is required to do so promptly by updating the item otherwise you are entitled to a refund of that item.
Item has a security vulnerability - If an item contains a security vulnerability and can't easily be fixed you are entitled to a refund of the item. If the item can be fixed, then the author should do so promptly by updating the item. If the item contains a security vulnerability that is not patched in an appropriate timeframe then you are entitled to a refund of that item.
General misconduct, such as harassment, unlawful behavior. Users are abusive towards the other party, which includes threats of low ratings or using personal information against each other.
The user is no longer an active Globashare user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
Why a refund may not be given
If the item is materially similar to the description and preview and works the way it should, there is generally no obligation to provide a refund in situations like the following:
- you don't want it after you've downloaded it;
- the item did not meet your expectations;
- you simply change your mind;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the item because it has been removed (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).
Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described on the share page or the freelance agreement you have made.
What if an item is no longer available?
If the share page item is no longer available, please contact email@example.com